WANT TO PURCHASE
MINERALS AND OTHER
Send details to:
P.O. Box 13557
Denver, CO 80201
Current Issue of 06/06/2020
COLLECTING PAYMENTS BUT PREFER CASH NOW?
VILLERS FINANCIAL SERVICES.
SE HABLA ESPANOL.
How would you like to receive hundreds of dollars coming to your mailbox weekly?
How would you like to receive hundreds of dollars coming to your mailbox weekly? We are called cash club funding.
For only $100 membership we will issue you a free website that will rotate traffic to your special website, plus all whom will respond to your ad will with your ID number will be accredited to your account.
To sign up go to: https://clubcashfund.com/Garnerjoseph805
FREE REPRINT RIGHTS! Sample Titles & Details.
Send This ad, $1 +2 F/C Stamps To:
P.O. BOX 11272
14 BEER RECIPES
INGREDIENTS - DIRECTIONS
Only $10.00 Cash - U.S.Money Order.
Three More Beer Recipes Free.
Wright's Co. , PO Box1886
Horsham PA 19044
23 FAST FOOD RESTAURANT CARD
Comes With 100% No Expiration Date. Burger King, Denny's, Taco Bell, Popeye's, Wendy's, Boston Market, KFC, Pizza Hut, and more. Only $10.00 or 2 for $15.00. Buy 3 Get one FREE! Send Cash or Money Orders to:
BRUCE MCFAYDEN SALES
670 MADISON AVE.
DAYTONA BEACH, FL 32114
GAS & CASH EXPLOSION!
Never Pay cash for Gas Again!
Get a $25 Pre-Paid Gas Card
Just for Joining!
$25 Gas Cards + $15 Cash!
For your masetr copies, your first $25 Gas Card and to begin receiving Unlimited Gas Cards & Cash Earnings,
Send This AD + One-time payment of $75 to the Monitor:
1002 -9th. Ave.
New Brighton, PA 15066
Referred By: Gerard Jeanty, ID #1180
Select 2 choices of Gas Cards:
Exxon BP Gulf Sunoco Shell Marathon CitGo
Dressmaking Business Magazine
FULL PAGE ADVERTISERS
00-DALTON-WANTED POSTCARD MAILERS.pdf
00-P.L. CARTER-MAKE MONEY MAGAZINE.pdf
11-Dalton 10 2019.pdf
99-Monique's Mail (2).pdf
mail order report.pdf
Dressmaking Business Magazine COVER Page
YOU Can Advertise
In This Magazine
Tips When Choosing Equipment and Materials for Dressmaking
If you are trying out dressmaking or if you are already proficient in making outfits, you should know that choosing and using functional and good equipment and materials is important. You should not settle to use substandard machines and materials because you certainly do not want to make a substandard dress. Good choice can also make you enjoy the activity and avoid any unnecessary hassle.
You basically cannot make any dress on your own without using important and necessary tools. To help you get off the real mark, you have to invest in buying high-quality pieces of equipment and materials you need for doing the activity. To give you more ideas about choosing the right tools and materials for making a dress, here are several useful insights.
• Choose a good sewing machine. Modern sewing machines commercially available can facilitate sewing of intricate patterns into materials. In the past, sewing machines were only able to facilitate sewing hems and seams. More interestingly, despite modern features of the modern-day sewing machine, the equipment has also gotten more affordable. You could stick with the tried and tested brands.
• The tape measure is important because it is used to take body measurements. You can use plastic or paper tape measures. For more accuracy and reliability, there are linen tape measures available. Not only are tape measures used in taking waist, bust, and hip measurements. You can also use them when measuring alterations to your sewn dresses in the future.
• Invest in dressmakers’ shears. Scissors can definitely make the job done, but if you intend to cut leather, denim, or other harder materials, you need to buy scissors with serrated edges---shears. Put the shears into their plastic sheaths after use to maintain the sharpness and good quality. Do not use your sewing scissors and shears for other purposes other than cutting fabrics when making dresses.
• Buy tailors’ chalk. When cutting fabrics to the shape of patterns, use tailors’ chalk instead of pens. Such markers are ideal for marking course materials and fabrics like suede, denim, and leather. Tailors’ chalk can also be easily removed after the dress is done.
• Use paper scissors when making paper patterns. As mentioned, do not use shears and scissors designated for cutting fabrics in cutting paper, plastic, or other materials. As an added tip, you should put together your sewing tools in a kit or box so that nothing will be misplaced.
• Invest in different colors and types of threads. Dressmaking can never be possible without threads. These are the materials that will put fabrics together. It is wise to buy different types of threads in different colors available. Use threads with colors that match the color of the fabrics to be used. Ordinary sewing threads are not ideal to be used for sewing leather, denims, and other hard materials.
• Pencils and rulers should not be forgotten. Tailors’ chalk can assume the job. But in most cases, pencils and rulers are still useful, especially when doing garment repair or alteration jobs. Pencils and rulers are not actually necessities for dressmaking, but you will surely not regret including them in your kit.
In the future, when you are already too familiar and skilled in dressmaking, you surely can proceed to doing the job without the use of these two trustworthy old friends.